Top 5 methods your company can take advantage of social mediaSocial network is a buzzword around the Houston Business Journal offices nowadays as our Social Madness competitors warms up and as we continue to enhance the newsroom's online existence.
Social Madness encourages regional businesses to step up their social media game and get people engaged with their companies, starting with a Houston-only competition that will send out three finalists from our area into a national occasion.
I'm typically asked why social networks matters, and how something relatively so nebulous to some individuals can be so important.
Social media assists improve all the standard pillars of excellent business, such as engaging with the general public, transforming on-the-fence observers into revenue-generating customers, and addressing customer support problems.
Here are 5 of the greatest advantages to social media:
1. Customer engagement. A basic search on a social media site is the best start. If you're aiming to present your company, a search can help you find a community of people thinking about your field. If people are currently speaking about your brand, you can participate the conversation. If the conversation is positive, introduce a call to action to encourage people to buy. If you hear a negative comment, ward off those prospective hazards by setting the record straight. The best part? Social media is conversational in nature, so people wish to talk. Connect, and you'll be pleased with the results.
2. Income development. Social media expands your direct exposure, increases traffic to your site, creates interest in what you sell, and gives you the opportunity to use promos or specials to seal the offer. The social networks site Pinterest is a fantastic example of how social media can help you satisfy income objectives. According to information from Emily Carr University of Art and Design pointed out in the Harvard Business Review, practically 1 in 5 Pinterest users "pin" something they later on purchase online. Data from shopify.com found that buyers referred to an online site from Pinterest are 10 percent most likely to purchase.
However not just retailers can gain from social networks. Have a look at American Express's material marketing campaign, Open Forum. AmEx created an online community of posts and resources for company owner, sponsored by the brand but not straight selling anything. The objective is to offer a service and then establish loyalty that will move to other business deals.
3. Building commitment. Clients are more likely to stick with your brand if they trust you. Social network can enhance this. If you can reveal that your business lives by its worths, people with the very same values will react-- and those photos of your office Halloween party contribute, giving a glance of your character to make your company stick out.
Social network improves the relationship with customers by establishing open lines of communication. If a customer tweets a question or grievance about a brand and is right away responded to, that in fact enhances the bond with the brand name. Be present in the dialogue and clients will value it.
4. Thought leadership. You can get in touch with your fans and fans, and satisfy brand-new ones, by ditching the salesmanship and taking part in an intellectual conversation about your area of competence. Franklin Templeton Investments is a good example of a company using Facebook advantageously. The company's Facebook page posts important tidbits like real-time market updates, website quotes from Benjamin Franklin and links to longer post written by investors. Not every post straight involves the trading of bonds or stocks, however by supplying insight to investors, a firm can show that it understands what it's talking about, and individuals may consider doing business with it the next time.
5. Seo. As much as click here word-of-mouth works, many individuals go straight to Google to look for what they need. Having active accounts on various social networks websites can assist put your company higher in page rankings and more likely to appear Social media and business: Do they mix? in a search.
Think you're prepared to obtain begun? Think you need help intensifying exactly what you currently have? Hope you'll watch for my continuing series of posts about how best to obtain going on various social media websites.